Skin Cyst Removal in Meridian, ID
Epidermal inclusion cyst, (also known as an epidermoid cyst, keratin cyst, and epithelial cyst) along with the sebaceous cyst, is the most common type of skin cyst. They usually grow slowly, and are small hard bumps under the skin, and are filled with a thick, smelly substance. These cysts are benign and many times will disappear on their own. As long as there is no pain and they are not getting larger or infected you can leave them untreated. However, there are certain conditions when you should call a dermatologist. Call us if you are worried about your cyst and would like it evaluated.
When to call a dermatologist for cyst removal
- A ruptured epidermal inclusion cyst
- Becomes red, swollen, and painful
- If it is infected
- Changes in size and grows fast
- In a location that gets irritated easily
- Cosmetic reasons
Skin Cyst Treatment
- Injection to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Cyst drainage
- Excision to ensure it doesn’t grow back.
Trying to squeeze your cyst and get rid of it yourself can lead to infection. Call Mountain Pine Dermatology for safe treatment to remove your cyst.